Friday, June 24, 2011

Homemade Popsicles

I found this popsicle mold at Dollar General the other day ($1.50) and thought...well, shoot.  I can make popsicles for next to nothing using my dollar-stretching  Fool Aid recipe!  This will pay for itself the first couple of times I use it!
Fill the reservoirs up with the drink mix of your choice. 
I left about 1/2" of head space in each for expansion.
Put the lids on and throw in the freezer.  
In a few hours you have a tasty popsicle!
That makes you say Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Notes:
I guesstimate that these pops take approximately 4oz of drink mix.  That means, using my Fool Aid recipe, each popsicle costs only 1.35 CENTS!  Holy moley, that's cheap!

The drink mix was more concentrated at the top of the popsicle and a little more translucent as it gets toward the bottom.  Can't do much about that, but Tommy didn't even notice. 

What a cheap and fun way to cool your kiddos down in the summer time!

{Printer Friendly Version}

1 comment:

  1. This is all we ever got as kids growning up in the 60's. I think we even made them with root beer too!

    ReplyDelete