Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spice Rub for Roast

Every time I make pot roast, I have to make up a batch of spice rub.  Because we love our roast in this house, this was taking more time than I wanted.  I decided to make up a big batch so I can just scoop some out each time I make roast!  Here's what you'll need:
This makes enough to do six 4# roasts.
4T Dried Thyme Leaves (not ground thyme)
4T Real Sea Salt
2T Pepper
2T Garlic Powder
2T Onion Powder



Pour all of the spices into a small jar.  Looks kinda purty like sand art, no?

Shake it well to blend spices together.
Add a handy little label to the lid.  I decided later to add the instructions to the label, which are to use approx  2 heaping Tablespoons to one 4# roast.  This makes just under one cup of spice rub. 
For one of the best roasts you've every tasted, click HERE.  It's so flavorful!  Not like mama's boring, bland, tasteless roast.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super easy and I bet it does add great flavor too!

    ReplyDelete