Sunday, June 10, 2012

Facial Hair Removal

I finally got my hair cut, whoo hoo!  It has been soooo long!  I got a lot taken off...about 6" off the back and it feels so good!  I know it looks crooked in the pic, but it's really not.  It might have something to do with the fact that I took the pic in my car directly afterward.  (Why does it look like my face is missing?  Sometimes that's a good thing!) It's kind of a layered bob and seems to suit my ever-thinning hair well.  Anyway, every time I get my hair cut I think about the hair on my face and say, "Ugh, I need to wax!!!"

I always wax my brows at home.  Sometimes I even do my upper lip, not that I have any hair there, ah-hem.   I'll just do it to make you feel better about your sasquatch mustache, LOL!  No, really, it was bad!  

I have a few different wax kits at home, but they all involve heating the wax in the microwave or being plugged in.  After getting a really bad burn a few years ago that literally took the hide off of my lip, I've really been wanting to try something different.  I can't use the depilitory creams because they always seem to eat my face off!  And I don't even have sensitive skin!  So, when I saw this one, I was pretty sure it was something I'd like and I was right!

You'll need a wax kit like the one shown below from Veet  
(I took the papers and the little plastic stick out so you could see)
A cup of very hot tap water
A towel 
Rubbing Alcohol (or other cleaner of choice)
Cotton Pads/balls
Start by soaking the little tube in a cup of hot tap water.  No microwaving involved!
In the meantime, clean your lip with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton pad.  If this bothers your skin, you can just wash it thoroughly.  I'm sure rubbing alcohol probably isn't the best thing in the world for our faces. 
Then do your brows and between your brows.  Be careful not to get any in your eyes.  I apologize for having no makeup on.  Well, maybe some day-old mascara remnants.
Take the little tube out of the water and dry it off.  Water makes the sugary 'wax' stuff ineffective.  Smear across upper lip working in the direction of the hair growth.  I got it a little too thick here.  You really need very little with this kit.
Place one of the papers over the wax, then smooth downward in the direction of the hair growth.
Then take the bottom portion of the strip and pull in the opposite direction of the hair growth.  You should hold your skin tight, but I didn't have enough hands to hold the camera and do that.  Egad!  What an awful picture!   I swear my skin doesn't look like that, lol!
OMGawd!!!!  I was walking around with THAT on my face?!  Why didn't anyone tell me?!  Arghhhh!
Then do the same thing with your brows.  Don't forget the little fuzzy white hairs in the center of your brows that look like little downy feathers.  They're kinda hard to see, but they're there!  Here's where you can use the little plastic stick to smooth the wax exactly where you want it.
Now, most of these pictures have just come out totally crappy and the one below is no exception.  I'm trying to demonstrate how smooth it is between my brows, but all you can see is pink.  My face was NOT irritated by this at all and didn't turn red at all.  I even went to my son's Tae Kwon Do class an hour or so later and you couldn't tell I'd done it at all.  Normally, I'd do this two or three days before a special event so I didn't have red marks on my face.

If there is any wax left on your face, you can run the alcohol-soaked pad over it to remove it quickly.
I was really impressed with this stuff.   It was $10.00, which is a lot for a tiny tube.  But it beats the price of just having your lip waxed one time at a salon.  I used just a few drops, so this should last a good while.  Especially since I don't wax often.  I have heard about homemade 'sugaring' before, so I may try that when this runs out.  Anything to conduct a good experiment or to save money!

6 comments:

  1. If I ever need hair removal, I will sure try this! Hey girlie, LOVE your new picture, is that really you?? You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww, thanks, Mary! Yes, it's really me! I got all my hair whacked off the other day, did my waxing and thought...Okay, time for an updated pic! I tried really hard to look super cheerful without looking like a goon! Thanks for the sweet compliment! You're too kind. Hopefully no one will notice, but I'm wearing my husband's ratty t-shirt with a hole near the collar and have his nightmare of a desk in the background, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had always wondered how people can go for facial waxing? Its so painful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it can be! This was the least painful of anything I've ever used! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this is pretty interesting. Inspiring, as well. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Snydar said: Great review! I have gotten laser hair removal, but haven't had the cash to go in to get other body parts zapped. I have tried the no-no to mixed results, so maybe this is what I'm looking for. Thank you for sharing these details. More power to you and to your site!

    ReplyDelete