Friday, June 15, 2012

Clean your coffee machine and your sink

The other day I was looking at my coffee machine and thought...ack!  This thing looks horrible!  I throw the pot, lid and basket thingy in the dishwasher very frequently, but we have such hard water, I knew it needed a deeper cleaning on the inside.  
I started by pouring a couple of cups of vinegar in the water reservoir.
And ran it through the coffee machine...twice.
While this is brewing, take some baking soda (that expires in 2 days) and clean your sink with it.

Then dump some down the garbage disposal.  Don't throw the rest away.  You can always use it for cleaning.  Your sink or toilet doesn't care if it's expired.  ;)
Then take the hot vinegar that you ran through the coffee maker and dump it down the sink.
Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with hot water and run the disposal.  Trust me, you don't want to use that vinegar for anything else.  Acky poo.
Fill the coffee pot with clean water and run that through your coffee maker at least two times, maybe three.
The last thing we want is coffee or tea that tastes like vinegar.
Remember to rinse the coffee pot out thoroughly and wipe down the heating plate. 
 Looks much better, right?

1 comment:

  1. Yep, this is how I clean mine too, when I remember, lol!

    ReplyDelete