Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hey there! How are ya?!

Hi everybody!  Sorry it's been so long since I've posted!  I'm still having some computer troubles, but I can at least post.  My big hard drive is apparently fried, so I'm using a smaller one that originally came with my computer.  The bad news...the fried hard drive...it has ALL of Tommy's pictures on there from the day he was born until present!  While I have printed off as many pix as we could afford in the past, it doesn't even come close to what is on there. Not that I would print every one, but you know what I mean.

I had everything in separate files with the event, holiday, sport, etc...so organized and unlike me, lol.  The good news?  The computer guy can send the hard drive away to a place that does a sort of hard drive surgery, where they go in a sterile environment, somehow remove the files/data and put them on either a new drive or maybe a disk, not sure.  Data recovery, veryyyy expensive...$600 minimum.  Do we have it?  Nope!  So, the computer guy is just hanging on to my hard drive until we have the funds to do it. 

I'm so sad.  The lesson learned?  Either print out your favorite pix or upload them to someplace online (which I'm assuming means God and everybody can see them) or burn them to CDs or a flash drive.  Since the pictures are not replaceable, we're just going to have to save up the money.  This is part of the reason I haven't posted in so long.  A lot of the recipes/projects I last did for this site are ON that hard drive.  I have started a few new projects and hope to start posting a little more frequently.  Thanks for your patience.  Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. A very good reason to save your files at least once a month if not weekly, like I use to do when I worked in the computer room at the dental school here in KC. Wowzer's that is alot of money to come up with!

    ReplyDelete