Sunday, May 29, 2011

We're broke! It's time to do something about it!

Welcome to my new blog!  It's a work in progress, so please be patient as I get things looking the way I'd like. I'm launching this blog because we have hit a desperate point in our finances.  We have to do something to cut our costs.

While I wouldn't consider myself to be a 'spendy' person in the first place,  I do have a husband that travels a lot for work.   You can only imagine the amount we spend each month on that.  Between airline tickets (at least 3 round-trip tickets a month), the occasional rental car, hotel fees, dining out while traveling, it's outlandish.   The numbers have grown into a big ball of debt that is weighing us down and threatening to keep us there.  Desperately trying to keep my job as a stay-at-home-mom (my first priority), I am determined to make things work by being more frugal.  My husband has finally decided to jump on board with me, so this should help make things easier.  Not sure what changed his mind (after years of nagging, er, gentle coaxing), but I'm so happy he did.  Thanks, hon!

This blog will list my adventures while attempting to be frugal and save my family money by making a lot of homemade items in place of things we usually buy.  I will also tell you things we are doing to save on money by cutting costs in other areas. I plan on posting several homemade recipes that are new to me.  I will give you my assessment of how the 'experiments' came out and what I would do differently the next time.

So, why the name So NOT Betty?  Because I am sooooo NOT Betty (Crocker)!!   But I'm gonna do the best I can without the store-bought cake mix!  Who needs that when you can make your own for pennies! Pishhhhh!  More to come soon...and WELCOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment