Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Littlest Black Belt

I just have to take a minute to brag about my little guy and hope I don't sound like a butthead.  My son Tommy, who is only 7, earned his 1st Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do on December 15th.  He's one of the youngest black belts ever in our ATA school and I couldn't be more proud!  If you could have seen him when he started, you wouldn't even believe it was the same child.  Let's just put it this way...they couldn't even keep him out on the mats for the first few days.  Master K (7th degree Black Belt....that's HUGE!) sent the entire class to chase him down and bring him back.  When that didn't work, Tommy was benched for the entire next week because he couldn't follow instructions!  Tommy started TKD a few days after turning 3 and (thankfully) really enjoys it a lot now!  I give a lot of credit to Kassebaum's ATA Academy.  Master K really has a good way with the kids and his assistants, Mrs. Hedenskog and Mrs. Glassburner are outstanding!  If you know anyone who is interested in joining TKD, I highly recommend ATA.  They have locations all over the US.  No, I don't work for them, but I sure think they're great!  Here's my little guy, Master K and they board he broke at testing (signed by instructors).  If you look closely, you can see Tommy's black belt has been embroidered with his last name.  So exciting for him!
And here's a proud mama tying her baby's black belt (incorrectly I found out later) and giving her baby boy a huggy hug.

2 comments:

  1. Another missed post, I'm slipping here! Of course you should be proud, Tommy looks so happy, congrats to him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I didn't even notice, Mary! No hard feelings, lol. ;)

      Thanks! He's pretty proud, and so are we!

      Delete